Close or press ESC
Comprehensive development of the listed former Southwark Fire Station to provide a new secondary school, 210 residential units and new community sports facility on two adjoining sites.
This complex scheme comprises part conversion and part redevelopment of the current buildings on site and the development of adjoining land, part of which is designated open space. The school will provide 1150 new school places to help meet demand in the borough and a new sports hall and games area will be provided on the adjoining land. The new sports facilities will be made available to the local community out of school hours.
The residential units are to be located principally in a contemporary mansion block facing south, although some accommodation will be provided in the listed buildings in both new build and listed space, and all will have access to the private courtyard in the centre of the development.
LPA: LB Southwark
Architect: ColladoCollins Architects
Architect: Peter Taylor Associates